Inspire Hounslow, (hereinafter called IH), is a charitable company, limited by guarantee, to provide charitable services to people who reside, work or study in the London Borough of Hounslow. It was incorporated as Hounslow Cultural and Community Services on the 14th April 1998 and changed to its present name on the 15th January 2013. IH has a website, www.inspirehounslow.org.uk and its email address is email@example.com
This Policy is designed to ensure that information supplied to IH will be used only for the purposes of IH.
The Chairman of the Board of Trustees of IH will be responsible for IH complying with the requirements of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
This policy applies not only to information stored on-line by IH. But also to all personal data received and stored by IH in whatever format.
What information does IH collect?
- Information contained in applications by organisations or persons seeking grants or loans from IH, progress reports and financial information in connection with grants and progress reports and financial information. Such information is likely to include, (but not be limited to), names, titles, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses of the office holders, members and users of those organisations or persons applying for grants and loans, with summaries of their activities, together with financial details, names, postal and email addresses and telephone numbers of people dealing with those organisations either as users of their services or providing services or goods to them, and also any progress reports and evidence of spend of organisations receiving money from IH.
- Credit references and any other financial information not included in an organisation’s application for funding
- Information about people not connected to either IH or organisations or persons supported by IH but who might be mentioned in material published either by IH or organisations by IH, e.g. by press release, video, TV or radio transmission or any other kind of transmission or dissemination.
- Information contained in application forms by persons applying to be trustees of IH and any subsequent statutory and other information recorded by IH such information including their names, addresses, date of birth, all other contact details and their employment.
- Any other data relating to IH’s present and past trustees.
- Details of persons and organisations supplying any goods or services to IH.
- Information supplied by or to third parties about persons and organisations with whom IH is, or has been, or may be involved, including, but not limited to, its solicitor, accountant, auditor.
- Any other information gathered in conjunction with IH operations as indicated in its Memorandum of Association.
Why IH needs this information
To enable it to carry out its work in compliance with the principles set out in Schedule 1 of the Data Protection Act 1998, in particular that any data obtained by IH shall be processed for only lawful purposes and that the personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
Storing of personal data
All on-line information will be stored on IH’s website. All written information will be kept by the Secretary to the Trustees (and any trustee administrator).
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. IH will take reasonable steps to protect personal data but cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to its site so any transmission is at the risk of the person supplying it. However, once information has been received IH will use reasonable endeavours to prevent unauthorised access.
Consent of data subjects to any information held IH
No written or pictorial information shall be stored by IH whether on-line or in any other format without the express or implied consent of the data subject, or in the case of a subject lacking full legal capacity their parent or guardian or power of attorney. It will be the responsibility of those providing IH with such data to ensure that such consent has been obtained.
In particular any applicant for a grant or loan who includes any personal information in that application, or might include it at a later stage, must confirm that they have obtained or will obtain consent from that person to provide that information and for it to be made public, for example, on their website or the IH website. Personal information is defined under the Data Protection Act, 1998. This is a complex subject and any applicant who has doubts about providing such information either in the application or in later information to IH should seek legal advice.
Links to other websites
The IH website contains links to other websites of interest. IH does not have control over other websites so cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information provided whilst visiting those sites and those sites are not covered by this Privacy & Data Protection Policy. Caution should be exercised by those supplying information to IH on-line and the privacy statement, (if any), of those other websites should be checked.
Controlling personal information supplied to IH
IH will not sell, distribute or lease personal information supplied to it to third parties unless requested to do so by the person supplying the information or IH is required by law to disclose that information.
Accessing of personal information
IH will supply details of personal information held under the Data Protection Act 1998 to the person requiring them on payment of a fee of £10. Any application for personal information should be sent to IH’s registered office at Inspire Hounslow, c/o Leonie Cowen & Associates, 3a Loveridge Mews, London, NW6 2DP.
A person who believes that incorrect data is held by IH may apply to IH’s registered office for its removal and its substitution with correct data.
Storage of information by IH
IH will hold such information from the time the information is received for as long as it is needed after which only one copy of on-line information will be kept and one “master copy” of written information will be retained at the registered office of IH.. In particular, on-line information downloaded to trustees and copies of written information received by them will be shredded when it is no longer needed.
Territorial application of this policy
This policy will apply only within the continent of Europe and nowhere else in the world.
Alteration or variation of this policy
The trustees of IH reserve the right at any time to alter or vary this policy whether because of changes of law or changes of policy by the IH trustees.
This policy is dated the 14th of September 2017